Media System, Media Audience and Communication Effects (KSK_228)
Develop graduate students’ understanding of the main impact factors of public communication at the level of the media system, media organisations, individual (information sources: experts, decision makers, campaigners), by extending knowledge of the conditions for implementing health communication strategies within the context of the EU and Latvia.
The course “Communication Theories, Principles and Ethics” mastered.
• Of the media system models and their evaluation criteria.
• Of interaction between the media system and health communication.
• Of the types of media audiences, media usage and audience behaviour.
• Of media effects on health communication.
• Of the role of social media audience in health communication.
• Of health journalism.
• Recognise media-based approaches to implement health communication strategies.
• Apply approaches of media audience and use them in health communication.
• Apply knowledge of the use of social media in health communication.
• Analyse media effects in health communication.
• Understand professional approaches in health journalism.
• Implement health communication by understanding regularities of media activities and the audience.
• Evaluate, prepare and use research on the audience of health communication messages.
• Use the audience research in health communication.