3 December Announcement Regarding Studies at RSU; State of Emergency Extended Until 11 January
The following additional epidemiological safety measures were introduced at Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) on 3 December in order to reduce the health risk to RSU students, staff and visitors, as well as the risk to the continuity of research and scientific activity at RSU.
The study process will take place remotely until 30 January 2021, with the following exceptions:
- rotation placements for 6th-year students in the Medicine study programme will continue both remotely and individually face-to-face in accordance with the schedules that have been developed and agreed upon with the medical institutions;
- practical studies in the Dentistry study programme will continue both remotely and individually face-to-face in compliance with the epidemiological safety requirements of the medical institutions;
- Heads of study programmes, in cooperation with the Heads of academic departments, will provide students with the opportunity to work independently at the RSU Institute of Anatomy and Anthropology and at the Medical Education Technology Centre or on other RSU study premises if they have received a prior consent from the Vice-Rector for Studies or the Vice-Rector for Health Studies upon the request of the relevant Dean (in accordance with the direction of the programme). Independent work can be carried out by prior individual appointment and in compliance with epidemiological safety requirements;
- clinical residency placements will be allowed in person in compliance with medical institutions' epidemiological safety requirements;
- individual work in the aforementioned paragraphs denotes the practical aspects of individual study programmes, scheduled with the necessary breaks, the course and quality of which are supervised by a representative of the teaching staff and observing social distancing of 2 metres.
Heads of study programmes have the duty to ensure that all epidemiological safety requirements and other instructions from third parties (medical institutions, clinical base units, placement locations, etc.) are strictly adhered to by RSU and RSU students when carrying out study activities, including placements, at these institutions.
The RSU Library will only ensure that books (and other information resources) can be loaned for home use and returned by prior appointment.
The aforementioned time period may come to be amended by a special Rector’s decree in conformity with the current trends in the spread of Covid-19 infection and other regulatory enactments.
Full Rector's Decree No. 5-1/512/2020 (3 December 2020)
All RSU students are invited to follow further information, including RSU Rector's decrees regarding the organisation of the study process and restrictions during the coronavirus epidemic.
Attention! On 1 December 2020, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia decided to extend the emergency situation in Latvia until 11 January 2021. As a result, a number of significant restrictions came into force. Full information on restrictions is available on the Cabinet of Ministers' website.