Orientation Week is organised a week before the beginning of the academic year, when arriving international students are welcomed at the University. It is designed to help you, as a new student, to meet your new classmates, settle in to university life and get to know your new surroundings.
What happens during Orientation Week?
The Orientation Week for international students will take place online from 26 to 28 August 2020 and you will be able to join it from your home country.
During the Orientation Week you will:
- meet other international students and staff of the International Admissions Office, Dean's Office and the International Students' Association
- receive the timetable of your study programme and information on how to use the RSU student information systems;
- have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the study process at the University;
- receive information about RSU health services and safety in Riga;
- register for studies;
- receive information about immigration procedures;
- be able to participate in other activities organised by the International Department and the International Students' Association.
The dates of Orientation Week are published here and all accepted students are also informed of the programme personally.