Orientation Week is organised a week before the beginning of the academic year, when arriving international students are welcomed at the University. It is designed to help you, as a new student, to meet your new classmates, settle in to university life and get to know your new surroundings.
What happens during Orientation Week?
Orientation Week includes important and serious activities, such as signing the study agreement, as well as general fun stuff, like getting to know new people throughout the week and participating in the welcoming party at the end of the week.
During Orientation Week you will:
- meet other international students and staff of the International Office;
- receive a Welcome Package that includes information (like about the city's e-ticket that gives you 70 % discount on all public transport in Riga) and other important information to help you start your studies at RSU;
- receive the timetable of your study programme;
- have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the University campus;
- register for studies and sign the Study Agreement (students are enrolled at RSU by Rector’s Order after signing the Study Agreement and fulfilling all obligations stated in it);
- be able to participate in other social and cultural activities organised by the International Department and the Student Council.
The dates of Orientation Week are published here and all accepted students are also informed of the programme personally.