RSU Student Union Elects New Board
On Wednesday, 25 November the elections for the new Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) Student Union (SU) board were held online. Paula Feldmane, a third-year student of the Bachelor's study programme Public Health of the Faculty of Public Health and Social Welfare was elected Chairperson of the Board. Paula is the former Head of Foreign Affairs of the SU.
‘This year the board elections proved to be very challenging – the elections were held on Zoom for the first time and lasted for 8 hours. The meeting was attended by nearly 100 students who asked questions and expressed their opinions,’ says the present Chairperson Anna Jete Gauja. ‘I would like to wish new Chairperson Paula success together with her team of energetic and creative students from different faculties. They all share a common goal - to make the study process and student life at RSU better!’
The new board will start working on 1 January 2021. The following students have been elected:
- Head of Academic Affairs - Elīza Marta Stangaine (Faculty of European Studies);
- Deputy Head of Academic Affairs - Amanda Ozola (Faculty of Medicine);
- Head of Foreign Affairs - Arnolds Gudkovs (Faculty of Medicine);
- Head of Internal Cooperation & Human Resources - Elizabete Paula Valguma (Faculty of Pharmacy);
- Deputy Head of Internal Cooperation & Human Resources - Lāsma Ludborža (Faculty of Medicine);
- Head of Communications - Rebeka Ozolniece (Faculty of Communication);
- Deputy Head of Communications - Marta Livzeniece (Faculty of European Studies);
- Head of Culture and Sports - Nikola Krista Ivanova (Faculty of Medicine);
- Head of Research - Toms Mārtiņš Smilga (Faculty of Medicine);
- Deputy Head of Research - Klāvs Putenis (Faculty of Medicine).
The new board of the RSU Student Union will start its work on 1 January 2021.
RSU Student Union is elected by students and is an independent institution representing the rights and interests of the students. Any student can become involved in SU activities. The SU consists of activists, the council and the board. The board and the chairperson are elected for one year by the council during its first meeting. The board is the main executive body of the Student Union.