Skip to main content

RSU student life begins in this building with the matriculation ceremony in the hall, continues with lectures in the lecture rooms seating 300, classes in laboratories and student media rooms, and ends with the graduation day ceremony.

Construction of the building commenced on December 17, 1981, when a capsule was walled in the foundations of the new building. The construction of the building complex was completed on September 30, 1987, when it was officially opened by Rector and Professor of Riga Medical Institute Vladislavs Korzāns in a solemn opening ceremony. The total area of the building complex was 16 000 square metres with more than 1000 rooms - lecture-rooms, laboratories, rectorate and other administrative structural units of the Institute, library and a public catering section. Over the years the central building has undergone many changes. Among the most significant changes are the opening of the RSU hall in 2008 and the renovation of section A in 2012.

20861

total area, m2

599

seats in RSU hall

8000+

students

>50

languages are spoken in the corridors of RSU