Join i-Days to learn about health innovation, tackle real-life health challenges, and win prizes!
Young professionals and students from all academic areas and are invited to participate in this EIT Health event to:
- Listen to experiences shared by inspirational speakers
- Learn about the health ecosystem in Latvia
- Acquire design-thinking, pitching, and entrepreneurial skills
- Get an introduction to real-life health challenges and solve these challenges in multi-disciplinary teams
Opportunity to compete at the European Winners' event in Vienna
- Tuesday, 8 November - 15:00 to 19:00 EET
- Wednesday, 9 November - Independent team work
- Thursday, 10 November - Idea pitching by hackathon teams
It is an excellent opportunity to create something new, improve your skills, and gain knowledge by working together in a diverse team and with experienced mentors, and maybe even to lay a foundation for your company. Students from all programmes, as well as recent graduates are welcome.
The objective of this event is to look for solutions to various healthcare challenges and facilitate innovation in healthcare. During the hackathon, you will have an opportunity to listen to presentations of real experts, get inspired from innovation success stories and create innovative solutions to healthcare problem situations.
Event language - English
- Why participate?
- NEW SKILLS - Practice design thinking skills and learn how to pitch an innovative idea
- EXPERT SUPPORT - Test your skills and get the necessary tools to innovate with the help of experts
- REAL-LIFE CHALLENGES - Transform the health industry through challenges that currently exist across healthcare
- BROADENED HORIZONS - Share the experience with participants from different disciplines and backgrounds
- ALUMNI NETWORK - Join our community to meet like-minded innovators and access exclusive opportunities.
- Who can participate?
- All undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Medical residents
- Recent graduates and young professionals
You do not need any prerequisite skills or prior experience in innovation, entrepreneurship or healthcare. There are no academic requirements and students from all disciplines and departments are welcome to join!
- How does it work?
At an i-Day event, you will hear inspirational stories from a range of engaging speakers. With training sessions in design thinking and pitching, you will be equipped with the practical tools and skills you need to develop a healthcare solution, which you can pursue after the event.
i-Days also provide a good environment to nurture soft skills such as teamwork and communication. You will work in multidisciplinary teams to put those innovation skills to work and to tackle real-life healthcare challenges with support from facilitators and coaches.
Inspired by their needs, you will also get the opportunity to interact with patients and citizens and gain insights into the healthcare challenge.
You will pitch your healthcare solution to an impressive judging panel at the event for the chance to win exciting prizes.
If your team is selected, you will meet peers from all over Europe at the Winners Event and get additional training in innovation methodology, and the support and resources you need to further develop your idea.