B-Space Business Incubator
A place for businesses to grow!
B-Space is a business incubator created by Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU). It has been designed to support and promote innovation, leadership and business opportunities. Here you will find common rooms with everything you might need for both work and leisure: free wi-fi, office equipment, a kitchen and leisure areas, etc. The incubator provides students with a great opportunity to experiment and create prototypes of their ideas, meet like-minded people to build a team, consult with experts and receive support from mentors, participate in networking events and other events organised by the incubator.
The main benefits:
- Mentoring to develop your business idea;
- Networking with various industry experts, entrepreneurs and investors;
- Developing entrepreneurship skills and competences like teamwork, creating innovations, developing and commercialising ideas;
- Testing the market potential of an idea without making a financial investment;
- Building and strengthening knowledge;
- Access to useful resources and advice.
How to apply?
Participation in the pre-incubation programme (PINK)
The pre-incubation programme is an open access course designed to help prospective entrepreneurs to create a business idea, build a team and prepare for the incubation programme. The course will be held once a week (90 minutes) for three months. If you want to apply for the pre-incubation programme, please fill out the application form below.
Participation in the incubation programme (INK)
Teams of 2-5 people with a shared business idea are welcome to apply. Keep in mind that at least one member of the team must be an RSU student, employee or graduate.
The selection process will take place once per academic year.
The INK programme takes place in three stages:
- Defining a business idea, a possible business model and team;
- Working on market analysis, team and mentor cooperation, creating product/service sketches;
- Creating the financial and legal structure of a company, developing pitching skills in preparation for demo day.
Our goal is to help and motivate RSU students and employees to develop new and innovative business ideas and entrepreneurship skills by providing support in the form of consultations, information and infrastructure.
The functions of the Business Incubator are ensured by the RSU Technology Transfer Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can join the business incubator?
The PINK programme is open to anyone regardless of whether they have a business idea, product or service design.
Teams of 2-5 people with a shared business idea are welcome to apply to the INK programme. Keep in mind that at least one member of the team must be an RSU student, employee or graduate (within the last three years).
- How can I apply?
To join the PINK programme, you are welcome to contact the B-Space team and fill out the application form.
To join the INK programme, fill out the application form. You will also be asked to submit the following:
- the CVs of all members of your team;
- Students need to submit a copy of a student ID or a statement from the university;
- RSU graduates need to present a copy of their diploma;
- RSU academic staff or employees need to present a copy of their RSU staff ID card.
The application will be assessed by the admission committee, to which the applicants will present their idea.
If a member of the team is already receiving support from another business incubator in Latvia or abroad then the team is not eligible to participate in the B-Space Business Incubator programme.
- What ideas can be realised with the help of the business incubator?
The business incubator specialises in the field of health innovations and health technology. However, participants with business ideas in other sectors are also welcome to apply.
Participants with business ideas related to the production and selling alcoholic beverages, narcotics and psychotropic substances of any kind, goods or services of a sexual nature are not eligible for participation.
- I would like to participate, but I don’t have a business idea. Can I still participate?
Yes. The PINK programme has been established with the aim to encourage and motivate students to develop a business idea under the guidance of experienced mentors and lecturers. B-Space is a place where anyone can experiment and learn. Participants are also welcome to join other teams and develop their business ideas.
- I already have my own company. Can I get participate in the incubator?
Yes, absolutely! But same conditions must be met: one of the team members must be RSU student, graduate or employee, and the team members cannot be receiving support in another business incubator in Latvia or abroad.
In the INK programme the company’s team will benefit from the mentor and expert network and consultations, they will be able to use the common rooms and resources at the business incubator.
- How much does it cost to participate in the incubator?
The programmes and events are free of charge. The only resource that is required is strong motivation and time. Participants also need to meet the above-mentioned conditions.
- How can I find the incubator?
Our address is 12 Vīlipa iela in Riga.
You can get in touch with the B-Space team by e-mail bspacersu[pnkts]lv or on our Facebook page where we will be posting our latest news.
We look forward to meeting you!