29 May declared a national holiday
In honor of the Latvian team’s achievement in the 2023 World Ice Hockey Championship of winning the bronze medal, the government has decided to declare Monday, May 29, a holiday.
Today is a holiday at RSU and the study process, including exams, will not take place. Students will receive information about the postponement of exams and other tests scheduled for today, May 29, from their department (faculty).
We congratulate everyone on this special day! Let's rejoice and celebrate together!
- Rector’s decree
On the public holiday on 29 May 2023
In view of the fact that 29 May 2023 has been established as a public holiday (holiday) by the Law On Public Holidays, Commemoration Days, and Celebration Days due to the fact that the Latvian ice hockey team won the bronze medal at the 2023 World Ice Hockey Championship,
I HEREBY DECLARE
- 29 May 2023 a public holiday at Rīga Stradiņš University.
- The study process at Rīga Stradiņš University, including examinations, shall be postponed to other days and the study process shall be rescheduled or the study content shall be integrated into future study course events.
- National degree examinations shall be rescheduled by the faculty staff in charge, while regular study events shall be rescheduled by the staff in charge of planning the study process in the departments and by the staff of the Academic Affairs Department.
- Information on rescheduled study events shall be provided by the relevant faculties and departments.
- Employees who carry out their duties on 29 May 2023 due to changes in the organisation and rescheduling of the study process shall have the right to take a paid day at a different time, upon agreement with their immediate supervisor.
- Employees of the Administration Office shall acquaint all employees and students with the present Decree.
- This Decree shall enter into force on 29 May 2023.
Rector A. Pētersons