New RSU Student Union Council Elected
The closing event of the Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) Student Union (SU) council elections took place online on 14 November. After two weeks of applications and a week of voting, the new members of the SU council were finally announced. 1,625 students voted this year.
The 2021 council is made up of 36 active and determined students and represent nine faculties and the International Student Department.
RSU Rector Professor Aigars Pētersons congratulated the new council remotely and wished the students a successful year. Later on, the members, senators and the board of the 2020 council were thanked, followed by a presentation on what the SU achieved in the previous year.
2021 Student Union Council
- International Student Department: 6 representatives - Markus van Niekerk, Leila D'Amico, Irina Mariotti, Julius Prisett, Nicolo Bartolomeo, Simon Vogel;
- Faculty of Medicine: 5 representatives - Amanda Ozola, Anna Kricka, Toms Mārtiņš Smilga, Edgars Ķiecis, Kalvis Kaļva;
- Faculty of Pharmacy: 2 representatives - Iluta Žīgure, Rinalds Seržants;
- Faculty of Rehabilitation: 4 representatives - Dāgs Gabriels Zībergs, Krista Kīna, Laima Kampa, Lauma Tumašova;
- Faculty of Public Health and Social Welfare: 5 representatives - Amanda Zūle, Anastasija Kuzmenko, Arturs Jirgensons, Signe Zutere, Viktorija Daļecka;
- Faculty of Dentistry: 2 representatives - Andželika Gladkova, Anastasija Beibakova;
- Faculty of European Studies: 3 representatives - Ingvars Kudeikins, Laura Žaklīna Bukša, Rūdolfs Kārlis Krauklis;
- Faculty of Law: 4 representatives - Elīna Bērziņa, Unda Kreišmane, Ernests Ozols, Kristaps Balkovskis;
- Faculty of Communication: 4 representatives - Patrīca Lielnora, Paulis Artūrs Putniņš, Elīza Paula Vegnere, Monta Megija Učelniece;
- Faculty of Residency: 1 representative - Dagnija Verze.