Vice-Dean, Faculty of Law
Director of Study Programme, Law
Lead Researcher, Health Care (sub-programmes: Medicine, Pharmacy, Psychology)
Member of Research Ethics Committee
Attorney at law
Head of doctoral study programme Law
Head of master's study programme
Consultant, project manager in the field of EU projects implementation
Chairman of the Board / Founder
Deputy Head of Legal Division, Senior Lawyer
Legal adviser of the local government supervision department
Doctor of Science (Ph.D.) in Law
Diploma of Master of Social Sciences in Law, with specialization in cross-border commercial law (Mg.iur.LL.M.)
Bachelor's degree in public law and qualification of a lawyer
Awards, scholarships and recognitions
- 2020 Boris and Ināra Teterev Foundation (BITF) Riga Stradiņš University study program modernization scholarship
- 2017, 2018, 2019 Riga Stradiņš University, Faculty of Law, Letter of Recognition for professional work and contribution to the development of the Faculty of Law
- 2016 Jūrmala City Council Letter of Recognition "For the work and enthusiasm in strengthening civil society
- Expert of the Latvian Council of Science in Social Sciences - Law. Expert since 2020
- Evaluation expert of the Higher Education Quality Agency (AIKA) since 2019
Supervised or reviewed doctoral, master's, bachelor's theses
- Supervision of doctoral theses (Ph.D.) (2020 -): Andreta Slavinska (Riga Stradiņš University), scientific work title: Patients' right to safe health care - legal framework for detection of medical errors caused by medical personnel.
- Since 2016 RSU, Faculty of Law, led more than 10 Master's theses, more than 15 Bachelor theses, more than 15 masters and bachelor works reviewed.
- Since 2017, 3 bachelor's theses have been supervised at the School of Economics and Culture and 11 bachelor's theses have been reviewed
Pedagogical work experience
- 2016-2020 - Riga Stradiņš University, Faculty of Law, Faculty of European Studies, Faculty of Public Health and Social Welfare: lectures and seminars are given in the following study courses: Medical law, Social law, Legal problems of biomedicine, International legal aspects of medicine, Current problems of European Union social law, Medical and legal problems of communication, Current problems of protection of the rights of medical workers and patients, Pharmaceutical law, Legal conflictology and mediation, European law.
- 2019 - Ventspils University of Applied Sciences - study course EU Politics and Economics of EU
- 2018 - School of Economics and Culture - study course Administrative Law
Editorial board of scientific publications
- Ukraine Supreme Legal Council Open Access WOS Journal. Registered by Ministry of Justice on 4th of April, 2018 printed media #23208-13048P, ISSN 2664-2212, DOI 10.35655. https://wos-journal.com/
- Journal of Scientific Articles "Socrates" of the Faculty of Law of Riga Stradiņš University https://www.rsu.lv/en/socrates
Membership in public organizations
- The European Association of Health Law – https://eahl.eu/ – member
- World Association for Medical Law – https://wafml.memberlodge.org/ – member
- The European Association for Artificial Intelligence – https://www.eurai.org/ – member
Participation in the implementation of scientific projects obtained through competition
- 2020 - Life with COVID-19: Assessment of overcoming the crisis caused by coronavirus in Latvia and proposals for the future sustainability of society. Project no. VPP-COVID-2020/1-0013
- 2019, 2020 - Strengthening the capacity of academic staff of Riga Stradiņš University. SAM 18.104.22.168/18/A/013
- 2020 - Operational Program "Growth and Employment" 8.2.1. Specific support objective project "To reduce fragmentation of study programs and strengthen sharing of resources", SAM 22.214.171.124/18/A/014
- 2020 - Riga Stradiņš University grant, project title “On the project and support of “The use of artificial intelligence and robotics in health care: legal regulation and problems”, 52-1 / EL392 / 2020
Conducted study courses
- Medical law
- Social law
- Legal problems of biomedicine
- International legal aspects of medicine
- Current problems of European Union social law
- Eiropean law
- Politics and Economics of EU
Conferences or congresses
- Oral presentation “Labor Standards, Human Rights and Public Health in the World Trade Organization”, 35th IBIMA Conference: 1-2 April 2020, Seville, Spain.
- Oral presentation “Restriction of fundamental rights during a state of emergency” (Co-author Dr.iur. I.Kudeikina), Online conference on "Legal framework of Epidemic Security: Challenges and Prospects", Academician Stashis Scientific Research Institute for the Study of Crime Problems
- Legal Research Laboratory in Public Health Security, 2020, Poltava
- Oral presentation “Robotics in healthcare and patient’s rights”. International Interdisciplinary Conference on Social Sciences “PLACES”, Riga, Stradiņš University, 2019, Riga, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Legal regulations in the practice of Latvian medical practitioners”. International Scientific Conference “Emerging Trends in Economics, Culture and Humanities (etECH2018)”, The University of Economics and Cultures / Alberta college, 2018, Riga, Latvia.
- Oral presentation “Medical personnel's legal awareness as the key of principal quality of work with minor patients”. The 12th International Scientific Conference “Society. Integration. Education” (SIE2018), Rezekne Academy of Technologies, 2018, Rezekne, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Medical practitioner's legal regulations in the practice from Urban-Rural Development perspective”. The 7th International Interdisciplinary Scientific Conference “Society. Health. Welfare”. Contemporary Social Dynamics and Welfare: Urban and Rural Development Perspectives. Riga Stradiņš University, 2018, Riga, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Legal aspects of operation of the State Sports Medicine Center aimed at physical health care and doping control of children with increased physical activity”. International scientific-practical conference “Legal Problems in the Centenary of Latvia: Retrospective and Perspective”, Riga Stradiņš University, 2018, Riga, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Legal aspects of quality communication in the communication between medical practitioners and juvenile patients”. Riga Stradiņš University Scientific Conference. Riga Stradiņš University, 2018, Riga, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Mediator's personality in specific legal disputes: sports related disputes and healthcare related disputes”. Riga Stradiņš University International Scientific-Practical Conference “Directions of Legal System Modernization: Real Situation and Future Perspectives”. 2017, Riga, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Policy documents on patients' rights in Latvia”. The 59th International Scientific Conference of Daugavpils University. 2017, Daugavpils, Latvia
- Listener: International Professional Development Conference “Patient Safety in Clinical Practice - Realities and Challenges in the 21st Century”, Riga Stradiņš University, 2016, Riga, Latvia
- Oral presentation “The Right to Health in the context of ensuring the best interests of the child”. The 6th International Interdisciplinary Scientific Conference “Society. Health. Welfare”. Living in the World of Diversity: Social Transformations, Innovations, Solutions”. Riga Stradiņš University, 2016, Riga, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Mediation in healthcare disputes in Latvia”. The 58th International Scientific Conference of Daugavpils University. 2016, Daugavpils, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Problems of legal regulation in the process of treatment of minors”. Riga Stradiņš University 2016 scientific conference, “Transformations of political, economic, social and legal system in Latvia and in the world”. Riga Stradiņš University, 2016, Riga, Latvia
- Oral presentation “Consent to treatment and history as a problem of communication with minor patients in healthcare decision-making”. The 10th International Congress on Social Sciences, Complutence University, 2016, Madrid, Spain
- Poster report “Medical personnel professional liability insurance as a form of legal and social responsibility”. The 6th International Conference on Humanities and Social Sciences ICHSS, 2016, London, United Kingdom
- Oral presentation “Issues of Legal Organization of the Patient-Health Care Professional Relationship”. ICSS XIII 8th International Conference on Social Sciences, EUSER, ICCV - Romanian Academy, 2016, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Oral presentation “Juvenile patients' rights and analysis of their problems”. IV International Scientific Conference “Transformational Processes in Law, Regional Economics and Economic Policies: Topical Economic, Political and Legal Issues”, Baltic International Academy, 2015, Riga, Latvia
- “Medical Personnel’s Legal Awareness as the Key of Principal Quality of Work with Minor Patients.” 12.International scientific conference “SOCIETY. INTEGRATION. EDUCATION. Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference. Rezekne Academy of Technologies, 190–198, 2018. (Thomson Reuters database)
- “Overview and analysis of legal regulations in medical practitioners practice.” International Scientific Conference “Emerging Trends in Economics, Culture and Humanities (etECH2018) Conference abstracts Proceedings. Riga: The University of Economics and Culture/Alberta College, 44., 2018.
- “Medical practitioner’s legal regulations in the practice from Urban-Rural Developmen perspective”. International Conference Society. Health. Welfare. 9.lpp., 2018.
- “The right to health in context of ensuring the best interests of the child” (co-author Dr. iur. I. Kudeikina), Proceedings of the Conference "Society. Health. Welfare. p.8. SHS Web of Conferences 51, 01015, 2018.
- “Policy documents on patients rights in Latvia”, Proceedings of the 59th International scientific conference of Daugavpils University. Daugavpils Universitātes Akadēmiskais apgāds “Saule”, ISBN 978-9984-14-833-5, 2017.
- “Mediator's personality in specific legal disputes: sports related disputes and healthcare related disputes” (co-author M. Kamenecka-Usova). Acta Universitatis Danubius. Juridica, Vol 13, No 2/2017. Publicēts: http://journals.univ-danubius.ro/index.php/juridica/article…
- “Consent to treatment and anamnesis as problem of communication with minor patients in healthcare decision–making process” (co-author Semaka S.) European Journal of Interdisciplinary studies, , V. 2, n. 3, p. 57-62, aug. 2016. ISSN 2411-4138. Publicēts: http://journals.euser.org/index.php/ejis/article/view/1887
- “Medical personnel professional liability insurance as a form of legal and social responsibility”. (Co-author Kudeikina I.) Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary studies MCSER Publishing, Rome, Italy, ISSN 22881-3993, Vol 5 No 3S1. ISSN 2281-3993. Publicēts: www.mcser.org/journal/index.php/ajis/article/download/9799/…2016.
- “Possibilities of application of mediation in the field of health care”, RSU Faculty of Law electronic scientific collection SOCRATES, No.3 (3), 2015
- “The rights of juvenile patients in the treatment process and their problems”, collection of scientific articles according to the materials of the IV International Practical Conference “Transformation Process in Law, Regional Economy and Economic Policy: Current Problems of Economic-Political and Legal Relations”. Baltic International Academy, 2016
- “Mediation in Latvian healthcare system”. Proceedings of the 58th International Scientific Conference of Daugavpils University. Daugavpils Universitātes Akadēmiskais apgāds “Saule”, ISBN 978-9984-14-779-6 (ISSN 978-9984). Publicēts: https://dukonference.lv/files/proceedings_of_conf/978-9984-…2016.
- “Issues of legal Organization of the Patient – Health Care Professional Relationships”, (Co-author Kudeikina I. ) European Center for science education and research, Conference proceedings, ICSS VIII, European Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, ISSN 2414-8385, 2016.
- "The Problems in will Expression in Civil Law Transactions and Healthcare in Case of Capacity of Individuals", (Co-author I. Kudeikina) European journal of sustainable Development. 2020, Vol 9, No 1(2020).(Web of Science, Scopus).
- "Labour Standards, Human Rights and the Public Health in the World Trade Organization" (Co-author Giga Abuseridze). International Business Information Management Conference (35th IBIMA) Seville, Spain. Conference proceedings (ISBN: 978-0-9998551-4-0), 2020.
- "Impact of Robotics on the Health Care System". RSU electronic journal of legal scientific articles Socrates. ISSN 2256-0548. No. 2 (14), 2019.
- "Ārstniecības personu tiesiskā informētība kā kvalitatīvās darbības pamatnoteikums darbā ar nepilngadīgiem pacientiem/ Medical personnel’s legal awareness as the key of principal of work with minor patients". Society, integration, education: materials of the international scientific conference. Society, integration, education: proceedings of the international scientific conference (Rēzekne, May 25-26, 2018) / Rēzekne Academy of Technology. Faculty of Education, Languages and Design. - Rēzekne, Part 4, pp. 190-19.19. 2018.
- "Issues of legal organization of the patient-health care professional relationship". (Co-author I. Kudeikina). 8th International Conference on Social Sciences (Sofia, Bulgaria, March 4-5, 2016) [Elektroniskais resurss]: Conference Proceedings / edited by E. Dobrescu. - Sofia, - P.227-231., 2016.
- "The quality of doctoral studies: challenges and future perspectives ". SOCIETY. INTEGRATION. EDUCATION International Scientific Conference. 2020, Rezekne Academy of Technologies, Rezekne, Latvia. 2020.
- "Current issues in the process of implementation of the rights of minor patients in Latvia ". Ukraine Supreme Legal Council, Wos-Journal. , 2020.
- “Public administration in the Latvian – Ukranian administrative and legal traditions.” (Co-author J. Agapova, Ukraine). RSU electronic journal of legal scientific articles Socrates. ISSN 2256-0548. 2020
- “Description of the concept of medical technologies and devices in Latvia in the context of robotics.” (Co-author A. Zukovs). RSU electronic journal of legal scientific articles Socrates. ISSN 2256-0548. 2020.
- “International projects as a new form of cooperation in the field of forensic science” (Co-authors Prof., Dr.iur O. Klujev, O. Agapova). Archives of Criminology and Forensic Sciences. Ukraine. ISSN 2709-099x, 2020.