Quantitative Analysis (FKK_003)
To provide the opportunity to acquire the quantitative chemical and simple instrumental analysis methods widely used in pharmaceutical analysis, to gain insight into their application in practice and to acquire basic skills for work in the laboratory.
Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry and Physics within the scope of the Pharmacy programme.
Upon successful completion of the study course students will be able to:
• describe the nature of the most important titrimetric and instrumental methods;
• understand the applicability of quantitative analysis methods.
As a result of the study course students:
• will be able to choose methods of chemical and instrumental analysis appropriate to the chemical and physical properties of the substances;
• will be able to apply them in practice in drug substance analysis;
• will be able to calculate and evaluate the results of the analysis;
• will be able to work properly with laboratory glassware and various equipment used in analytical chemistry.
Understanding the basic principles of quantitative substance analysis and detection. Finding relationship between theoretical calculation and practical sample and reactant properties. Possibility of evaluating errors on the results obtained.