2013 - Present
Vice Rector for Studies, Riga Stradiņš University
1983 - 2013
Professor, Faculty of Education, Psychology and Arts, University of Latvia; earlier - Senior Lecturer, Docent, Associate Professor, Director of the Institute of Education and Psychology, University of Latvia
1996 - 1997
Researcher of International Group of Scientists, Institute of Experimental Pedagogy, University of Liege, Belgium
2007 - 2010
Minister for Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia 2006 – 2007: Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia
2004 - 2006
Executive Director, Advisory Council “Education for All”, UNESCO Latvian National Commission
2002 - 2003
Deputy Director, Secretariat of the Minister for Special Assignments for State Reforms
Adviser to the Minister for Education and Science in Matters of Higher Education and Science
Minister for Higher Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia
Work in Councils, Commissions
2015 - Present
Riga Stradiņš University, Senate member
2012 - 2013
Commission on Recognition of Prior Learning, University of Latvia
2012 - Present
Council member of the Division of Social Science and Humanities, Latvian Academy of Science
2012 - Present
Senate member of the Latvian Academy of Science
2012 - Present
Council member of Red Cross Latvia
2012 - Present
Team Europe Latvia, Representation of EC Latvia, ekspert
2011 - 2014
Board member of the Foundation Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
2010 - 2013
Head of professors’ council in pedagogy
2008 - Present
Editorial board member of “Prospectus”, quarterly review of comparative education, Springer, ISSN: 0033-15382000 – 2008: Member of Education Commission, UNESCO Latvian National Commission
1998 - 1999
President of Education Commission, “Soros Fund Latvia”
International Experience as Guest Professor
ERASMUS IP International ( Portugal, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland) Doctoral Summer School „Virtual Mobility and Learning” , Kauņa Vitautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Kebangsaan University, Malaysia
Mobility Iceland University, Iceland
University of Sussex, UK
The University of British Columbia, Canada
Columbia University, New York and Lehigh Universitāte, Pensilvania, USA
Freibourg University, Switzerland within SWISS-BALT NET cooperation
study program „Adult learning in postmodern society. European area of life-long learning. Doctoral studies in Baltic countries and Europe” for researchers summer school in Central and Eastern Europe, Armenia
Scientific degrees and titles:
Professor of the Riga Stradiņš University
Professor of the University of Latvia, LU–PR No 0181
Corresponding Member of Latvian Academy of Sciences, No K-222
Habilitated Associated Professor in Pedagogical Sciences, C-Dh No 000217
Associate Professor, Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology, LU-DOC No 0319
Doctor in Pedagogical Sciences, Doctor Degree of the Republic of Latvia in Pedagogical Sciences nostrificated in 1993 according to the Decision No 58 of Habilitation and Doctorate Council of the University of Latvia
Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences
The Order of the Three Stars, Class III, Chapter of Orders October 10, 2013.
RSU Students' Council Annual award Gold Horseshoe 2015.
Cabinet of Ministers, Republic of Latvia, Acknowledgement, 2015.
Education and training
Institute of Education, University of London
1994 - 1996
University of Latvia, Department of Pedagogy and Psychology, Dr. paed.
Institute of International Education, Stockholm University
1983 - 1986
University of Latvia, Department of Pedagogy and Psychology, Candidate of Science
1973 - 1978
University of Latvia, Faculty of Foreign Languages, English Language and Literature
- 2014 – present State Research program Project Nr. 5.2.7. ECOSOC.LV Society Involvement in Social Innovation for Sustainable Development of Latvia, researcher
- 2011- present ERASMUS IP project „Learning for entrepreneurship in health, behavioral , engineering &life sciences"
- 2011- present EU Social Fund project „Support for Educational research" Nr. 2011/0011/1DP/126.96.36.199.2/11/IPIA/VIAA/001 within ASEM LLL HUB „ Development of Teachers Professional Competence for Working in Interdisciplinary environment to link learning Closer to Life and Develop Students' Entrepreneurship"" 2008-present Asian – European Education and Research HUB of Lifelong learning (ASEM LLL HUB)
- 2011 - EC financed PO 214_2010 project „Development of Interdisciplinary Research Platform at the University"
- 2011 - EC financed PO 226_2010 project „"Raising of Teaching Staff and School Competitiveness in accordance with EU 2020 Strategy"
Doctoral thesis supervision
1999 - 2014 17 doctoral thesis have been supervisedand defended (B. Garjāne, R.Vīra, Z. Ozola, G. Lapiņa, M. Essawi, E. Shelah, A.Hussein, A. Fernāte, Dz. Grundmane, A. Tatarinceva, R. Birziņa, I. Norvele, K. Oganisjana,D. Liepa, S. Baranova, I. Muraškovska, L.Babajeva)
Currenntly 4 thesis are supervised:
R. Ioņina „InventiveThinking Dimension in the Process of Professional Development” in cooperationwith Universite de Strasbourg, InstitutNational des Sciences Appliquees (INSA)profesoru AUDRAN Jacques
I. Lasmane „Participation in InternationalProjects: Impact on School Environment” L. Senkāne „Developmentof Pre school Teachers’ Entrepreneurship”
A. Jurāne Brēmane „Research on Formative Evaluation of Study Results”
- Koke, T.,Ķestere I. 2010 Teacher professional competences: Historical Overview andModern Tendencies. // Scientific papers Historia Pedagogica:15 Questions. (A.Krūze,I.Ķestere eds.), pp.246.-261., Riga: Raka, ISBN978-9984-46LibraryofCongressOnline Catalog,: LC Control No.:2010517731,LCCNPermalink: <http://lccn.loc.gov/2010517731>http://lccn.loc.gov/2010517731
- Baranova, S., Koķe, T. 2011 Fachübergreifendehochschuldidaktische Weiterbildunfür Lehrende der universitären Lehrerbildung:im Kontext Europas und aus der Perspektive Lettlands. In Jahnke, I., Wildt, J.(Hg.) Fachbezogene und fachübergreifendeHochschuldidaktik. Reihe: Blickpunkt Hochschuldidaktik, Band 121., S.55.-68. Bielefeld: W.Bertelsmann Verlag GmbH & Co. KG. ISBN 978-3-7639-4850-5
- K. Oganisjana, T. Koķe 2011 DoesCompetence-oriented higher education lead to nation's competitiveness. 16th International Conference“Economics and Management", Program and Reviewed Abstract Book, April, 27-29,p. 83-84. Brno, The Czech Republic. ISBN: 978-80-214-4279-5. http://www.inzeko.ktu.lt/index.php/EE; Indexed by internationaldatabases: SCOPUS, Thomson Reuters,IBSS, EBSCO, VINITI, CEEOL, DOAJ http://www.inzeko.ktu.lt/index.php/EE/article/view/1228/1222
- Koke, T., Lace, N., Oganisjana, K. 2011 Understanding entrepreneurshipdevelopment in Latvia: a cross-disciplinary approach. //International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business. No 3, pp. 293 – 312 Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 293–312. ISSN (Online): 1741-8054 - ISSN; (Print): 1476-1297, SCOPUS. pieejams: http://inderscience.metapress.com/content/b48ph4n534k65473/
- Koķe T , Muraškovska I, Baranova S. 2011 Understanding of Lifelng Learning forthe Improvement of Quality of Life. Proceedings of 3rd World Latvians Scientists Congress, 13 p., ISBN978-9934-8215-6-1, Riga
- K. Oganisjana,T. Koķe 2011 Nurturing Opportunity Identification for Business Sophistication ina Cross-disciplinary Study EnvironmentThe 15th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics andInformatics, Proceedings, Volume 1, 112-117, July 19th – July 22nd,2011 – Orlando, Florida, USA. ISBN – 978-1-936338-28-3 (Collection); ISBN –978-1-936338-29-0 (Volume 1). SCOPUS.Pilnais teksts pieejams: http://www.iiis.org/CDs2011/CD2011SCI/SCI_2011/PapersPdf/SA686EV.pdf
- Koke T., Oganisjana K. 2011 Entrepreneurship Promoting Education and itsPhilosophical Background. SUTRA A Quarterly Journal for Research on Education,Psychology,Traditional Sciences and Systems, Health and Consciousness, Volume9, 31-49, New Delhi, India ISSN 0974-2271
- Babajeva, L., Koķe, T. 2013 Learning forPersonal Development in Folk High Schools, Problems of Educationin the 21st Century, Vol.55, 28-44, Šauli: ScientiaEducologica. ISSN 1822-7864 http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/89368918/learning-personal-development-folk-high-schools
- Koķe T., Murašķovska I., Jonina R. 2013 Educator'sProfessional Development: From Policy Guidelines to Collaborative Learning inAction. The Perspectives of thePedagogy:Innovative Solutions. Riga LU Akadēmiskais apgāds.pp.204.-215.
- K. Oganisjana , T.Koke , A.Fernate ,S.Rahman, L.Rutka 2014 TheDevelopment of Entrepreneurship in Interdisciplinary Study Environment: FirstAchievements, Hindrances and Perspectives theInternational Journal of Business and Society (IJBS) Vol. 15, No 3 14lpp.
Organization and Participation in International Conferences:
During last three years as the key-note speakerhas been invited in 10, organised 9 international conferences and hasparticipated in 32
- Key note speech „Acquisitionof Life Skills – a Challenge for School Curriculum" 9th InternationalConference of „International Step by Step Association" „Active Citizenship:Democratic Practices in Education. From Socially Responsive Classrooms toSocially Responsible Societies". Budapest, Hungary, 2008.10.10.
- Key note speech „Inclusive Education –Standardization vs.Individualization" 48thsession of UNESCO International Education Conference „Inclusive Education: the Way of the Future" elected vice prezident ofthe conference, Geneva, Switzerkland, 2008..25.-26.11.
- Key note speech at UNESCO WorldConference on Education for Sustainable Development, Bonn, Germany, 2009.31.03. – 01.04.
- Key note at the 2nd ASEM Ministerial Meeting on Education, „Sharingexperience and best practice on higher education", Hanoy, Vietnam, 2009. 12.-15.05.
- Key note speech „Shaping UNESCO for the next decadeas an effective multilateral actor, including in pursuit of international goalsand UN reform" 35th Session of UNESCO'sGeneral Conference, Paris, France, 2009.10.
- Key note speech “EntrepreneurshipEducation and 21st Century skill development in Europe" World Economis ForumEuropa 2010, Brussels, Belgium, 2010.05.
- Key notespeech “Lifelong Learning a Space for being Different" at UNESCO UIL and Hambourg University organised conference “ The Role ofUniversities in Promoting Lifelong Learning" 2012. 23.-26.05.
- Key note speech "Lifelong Learning: Paramount Issues forIndividuals and Organizations" ASEM LLLHUB Research Network 5 workshop Kebangsan University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaisia, 2013.25.06.
- Key note „Positionof Power: Contribution to Awakening. Paid Price and Positive Deeds" InternationalStanding Conference for History of Education 35th conference „Education and Power" , Riga,2013. 24.08.