Researchers' Night at Rīga Stradiņš University
On 28 September, from 17:00 to 22:00 Rīga Stradiņš University will host European Researchers' Night events with this year's theme – Science for us. Activities will be held in three different university buildings: Anatomical Theatre (at 9 Kronvalda bulv.), Medical Education Technology Centre (at 26a Anniņmuižas bulv.) and at 30 Kristapa iela.
9 Kronvalda bulvāris, Rīga
Time of event: 17:00 to 21:00
Note! On Researchers' Night, Anatomical Theatre entry from 14 years of age.
- Lecture and guided tour Ancient and modern embryology
- Consultations Healthy person – correct posture
Examination of backbone and posture, measurement of foot parameters, recommendations for improving of posture
- Workshop Digital human
- Workshop Tissues from a modern perspective
- Discussion Informally about the formal
RSU social anthropologists' stories about research in Montenegro on the process of political and economic decision-making, academic staff and student mobility, family planning policies in Montenegro
- Photo exhibition Expedition. Latvian countryside
Presentation of results of study "Traditional skills and lifestyle in the Latvian countryside. Then and now."
Clinic of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy
30 Kristapa iela, Rīga
Time of event: 17:00 to 21:00
- Game Analysis of human emotions
What are the basic emotions? How to recognise, express and react to them?
- Workshop Recognition and analysis of personality types
What are the different personality types? Which character traits can be distinguished?
- Short film analysis
How does music influence the plot of a film?
- Quizes, memory games about psychosomatic medicine facts and the latest study results
Medical Education Technology Centre
26a Anniņmuižas bulvāris, Rīga
Time of event:18:00 to 22:00
- Workshop The role of chemistry in medicine – historically and today
Interactive exercises in recognising substances and liquids used in medicine and to check your skills in solving various medical tasks and problem situations in chemistry. Interactive test "How well do you know chemistry?"
- Activity You may touch the museum exhibits!
A chance to work with the "touchable collection" of the Museum of Anatomy: 3D printed copies of the unique exhibits that reveal the variations and pathologies of the human anatomy
- Cognitive challenge relay-race
Visitors will have an opportunity to solve different tasks involving cognitive processes
- Workshop Oral hygiene – hand in hand with science
Activity in an area of only a few millimetres, requiring patience and excellent focusing skills: clean – diagnose – fill the cavities!
- Game Clean hands protect me
- Practical activity Viruses– look closer
- Film night for RSU museum visitors
Visitors will be able to view three historic educational films that were once used in the training of medical students: "Ultrasound scanning" (c. 1980.), "Electron microscopy" (1977), "Angiography and its general principles" (1985)
- Competition Testing of aerobic capacity and maximum strength
Timed 100 m race with rowing ergometer and skiing ergometer
- Simulation Save a training dummy
A chance to save a victim (a dummy – Anna) under the supervision of a simulation specialist. After completing the cardiovascular resuscitation and artificial ventilation manipulations correctly, you will be marked, based on your effectiveness.
- Simulation A child's prenatal health
A chance to see the latest simulation technologies that allow to diagnose a child's health before their birth
- Step into a healthcare practitioner's shoes!
A chance to try on a physician's robe and single-use protective equipment, thus stepping into a healthcare practitioner's shoes and take photos in an interactive photo corner that will simulate an operating theatre.
- The surprises of medical physics
You'll find out how to create "smart plasticine", "a giant bubble sword" and other previously unseen things
- Body composition analysis
An opportunity to measure body composition: the proportion of bone, fat, water, muscle in the body.