Guest lecture by Professor from the Saint Petersburg State University on traumatology and orthopaedics
Professor Leonid Solomin, MD, PhD, from the Saint Petersburg State University, Vreden Russian Research Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics, will give a guest lecture at Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) about using external fixation rings in the treatment of complex trauma in the extremities. This lecture is part of efforts to further the cooperation between the Department of Orthopaedics at RSU and Prof. Solomin - one of the foremost authorities in field of complex extremities' trauma treatment.
- Ilizarov apparatus, Ilizarov method and modern external fixation;
- Definitive external fixation in fractures treatment (ring fixation in definitive fracture management);
- Corrections of deformations of long bones with use of external fixation: some main requirements;
- Severe bone loss - treatment options;
- The combined and consecutive use of external and internal fixation.
About the Lecturer:
Prof. Solomin has an extensive 25 years’ experience in the field of complex trauma surgery and extremity deformation reconstruction using external fixation ring frames. He is the creator of the improvement of computer navigation external fixation device (Ortho-SUV Frame), a member of several organisations - AO/ASIF Trauma Association, ASAMI International, SICOT etc. – as well as the AO International Faculty, and a Deputy Chairman of AOTrauma Russia.
Prof. Solomin is the author of 560 international publications, 65 patents, 5 monographs and 2 books, including The Basic Principles of External Skeletal Fixation Using the Ilizarov and other devices (pictured).