Social and Legal Aspects of Digital Economy (SBUEK_170)
About Study Course
The objective of the course is to introduce to students socio-economic and legal aspects of digital economy and the EU policy towards digitalisation of economic developments. This course aims at offering insights of the digital economy concept and regulatory environment relevant to Digital Single Market in the EU as well as to new business models and "digital divide". Attention in studies will be given to ecosystems in the era of the digital economy.
Special focus will be on students’ discussions and debates.
• awareness about digital economy, its social, economic, legal as well as regulatory aspects;
• knowledge about facts and figures, concepts, ideas and theories that support the understanding of the course subject, dynamics that shape EU Digital Single Market as well as digital trends in international economic environment;
• knowledge about insights of internal EU politics that affect regional digitalisation and social innovation.
• communication skills in foreign language (English);
• team working skills;
• cooperation and sense of initiative and entrepreneurship;
• reasoning, problem solving;
• creative thinking as a result of independent work on essays and a research paper;
• skills in self-management;
• specific skills in using data sources relevant to the subject of the course: economic statistics, research debates and legal texts.
• key skills development that will positively effect student future employability;
• ability to summarise research debates, assess economic statistics;
• to critically debate issues of digitalisation and to write short briefings on current digitalisation trends and their impact on the economic and business development.