Start-up Patents (SBUEK_184)
The objective of this course is to introduce students to the start-up patents in contemporary business environment, and to examine how strategic and tactical decisions are made to create sustainable start-up business.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
• understand inventing and patents, develop a patent portfolio;
• understand Intellectual Property, Licensing, the reality business plan and its development;
• develop patent application and provide necessary activities in procedures;
• identify patent licensing;
• understand how to finance a technology startup.
Basic understanding of the principles of business management (IBSE 1st and 2nd semester courses).
• Students will acquire theoretical knowledge about patents.
• During the course students will get understanding of the need of patents for business ideas and their differences in various countries.
• At the end of the course students will understand potential investor involvement in patents.
• Students will acquire deeper understanding of technology startups.
• During the course students will obtain and strengthen their leadership and motivational skills, for example in problem solving through case studies, decision making through essays, advising through group works.
• At the end of the course students will have developed their team building (collaboration, communication, sharing opinion a.o.) and organizational skills (categorizing data, goal setting a.o.).
• After the course students will have trained and thus supplemented their analytical skills – critical thinking, data analysis, reporting and numeracy through different types of tasks that will be done during the study course.
Students will get knowledge about different countries` patent systems and their use.