Programme Fact File
Management, Administration and Real Estate Management
Doctoral degree (PhD) in Economics and Entrepreneurship
The aim of the study programme is to provide in-depth knowledge of management science in a global context, current issues in organisations, develop critical and analytical thinking and research skills in doctoral students, integrating theoretical knowledge with practice, resulting in an internationally-recognised doctoral degree.
The doctoral study programme will provide for specialisation in management science, marketing management and health management.
As a result of their studies within this study programme the doctoral student will broaden their knowledge and competence in scientific work, during their studies have the initial scientific work approbated, through the knowledge acquired in the study courses, the doctoral student will gain skills in preparing and defending the doctoral thesis.
Ability to show good knowledge of and an understanding of the latest scientific theories and opinions in the field, a good command of research methodology and current research methods in management science and economics and the relevant specialisation, as well as the crossover into other fields.
The ability to independently evaluate and select the most relevant methods for scientific research, by contributing to broadening the knowledge or bringing a new insight into current knowledge and its application in practice, carrying out original research, part of which consists of publications in internationally quotable scientific journals. The ability to communicate one's field of scientific research, undertake independent scientific projects, lead research and development tasks in businesses, institutions and organisations.
The ability to tackle significant tasks in research and innovation, by undertaking independent, critical analysis, synthesis and assessment, independently propose a research idea, plan, structure and lead large scientific projects, including projects in a global context.
Compulsory scientific research component
- Independently undertaken original research, participation in conferences, preparation of publications and publication
Compulsory academic component
- Methodology of scientific work
- Qualitative research methods
- Quantitative research methods
- Research ethics
- Higher education pedagogy
- Financial management
- Contemporary management theories and strategic management
- Organisational effectiveness management
- Seminars on planning and methodology, theoretical and research components, as well as a seminar on doctoral dissertations
Free elective component (6 CP)
- Human resource management in the contemporary business environment
- Management of health systems
- Current issues in Marketing management
- Health care economics and finance
- Strategic brand management
- Innovative entrepreneurship
- Preparation of research articles/Scientific language
Head of Programme
Head of Study Programme, Management Science
Department of Doctoral Studies
Mon, Wed 15:00–17:00
(pre-arrangement required by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +37167409120)