Accessibility at the RSU Student Hostel (5 Dārza iela)
The student hostel at 5 Dārza iela is located 350 meters from the RSU main building on 16 Dzirciema iela.
Support for people with disabilities
- Obstacle-free path to the main building
- Automated, contrasting glazed doors to ensure easy access for people with reduced mobility
- No steps or thresholds at the entrance to rooms
- Unified signage system
- Steps marked in contrasting colours
- Bathrooms adapted for people with reduced mobility
- Doors and glass walls marked with contrasting colours
- Guide dogs allowed
- Support staff available
Rooms adapted for people with various mobility disorders are larger in size. The furniture is lowered and showers and toilets have been adapted (shower chair, grab bars, help buttons and adjustable mirrors).
When the dormitory was being built, thought was put into making all common areas accessible for people with disabilities. The common areas, the hotel entrance, the lift and doors to the rooms are wide enough to allow wheelchair access. The public toilets are specially equipped for people with various disabilities and include a help button, grab rails and adjustable mirrors.