RSU Asks That All COVID-19 Epidemiological Precautionary Measures be Observed
In recent weeks there has been a rapid spread of COVID-19 in Latvia. The situation is similar in many parts of Europe. Some coronavirus cases have also been identified among Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) students.
The cases at RSU have come about due to self-isolation precautions being ignored and a careless attitude towards social distancing. This has resulted in other people becoming sick (contact persons) which in turn has obstructed the study process. RSU together with the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control has tracked the cases and all contacts have been identified and are currently in quarantine.
A reminder about the epidemiological safety recommendations:
- Observe self-isolation when you arrive back in Latvia from abroad;
- Observe social distancing and avoid attending public events outside your studies;
- Always use a face mask on RSU premises;
- Observe a distance of 2m when gathering;
- Disinfect and wash your hands regularly;
- Look after your health. If you show any signs of respiratory illness, stay at home and inform your family doctor. If you receive a positive COVID-19 test result, quarantine yourself and inform your faculty immediately!
The aforementioned cases of COVID-19 at RSU are not a reason for making any changes to the study process as it has already been outlined. The study process at RSU is safe and RSU will continue using a blended learning approach to studies (combining remote and on-campus learning).
If the situation, or any decisions about the study process change, RSU management will communicate this via the official RSU communication channels: on the website, on the student portal MyRSU, as well as via e-mail.