Critical Thinking (KSK_235)
To promote mastering of knowledge about scientific scepticism in information analysis, thinking logic, argumentation and leading a scientific discussion. To promote shaping of understanding of the importance of objective thinking in professional and public life, conducting and interpreting research.
Basic knowledge in critical thinking.
1. Knowledge about the principles of analysis of information, theories and individual beliefs.
2. Knowledge about principles of strong argumentation.
1. Skills to substantiate their own opinion.
2. Skills to differentiate scientifically justified beliefs from pseudoscientific beliefs.
3. Skills in discussions and conducting talks.
4. Skills to draw justified conclusions.
5. Skills to analyse the read information.
6. Skills to critically justify own research.
After mastering the study course students will be able to evaluate information and scientificity of different theories.