Culture of Language for Managers (VC_021)
To supplement and strengthen student’s knowledge, skills and competences of Latvian standard language in spoken and written form.
To speak Latvian fluently.
After a successful study course programme acquisition, the student will know:
• levels of language and their units;
• linguistic and extralingual factors affecting the communication process;
• the most important theoretical literature in which to find explanations for different language mistakes.
On completion of the course, the students will be able to:
• classify and analyse mistakes of language use;
• explain errors according to to the theoretical literature;
• establish oral and written texts in accordance to standard language norms;
• assess the extralinguic factors that are relevant to the speech situation.
After learning the course, the student will be able to create spoken or written texts in accordance to Latvian standard language, and will be able to assess linguistic and extralinguistic factors affecting the relevant speaking situation.