Health Pedagogics (SVUEK_053)
The course aims to prepare students of public health with the necessary skills and knowledge to take part in the development, implementation and evaluation of health education programs.
Goal of the course – mastering health pedagogy for the implementation of health education in various target groups.
Basic knowledge in health promotion, public health, and pedagogy.
Students will know how to:
• describe theoretical models of health education and health literacy;
• explain the main pedagogical principles and conceptual views in health education;
• have an overall idea about various types of health education programs;
• describe pedagogical methods used in health education.
Students will be able to:
• apply problem-based approach in health education;
• select appropriate pedagogical methods and organizational forms in health education programs;
• identify criteria for evaluation of health education programs.
Students will have the capacity to:
• identify the needs of different target groups for health education;
• develop appropriate health education programs;
• evaluate results of health education programs.