Red Cross Medical College of RSU
RSU Red Cross Medical College is a contemporary, industry focused and sate-wide recognised professional educational institution rooted in rich heritage of 97 years in offering high quality medical and healthcare education.
In 2010 the Red Cross Medical College became an agency of Riga Stradiņš University (RSU) and since then takes pride in belonging to one of the largest universities of Latvia. The college ensures acquisition of study content under the supervision of qualified academic staff, placement possibilities at healthcare and social care institutions, free access to a comprehensive range of library sources and services and the option to apply for a monthly scholarship. The college has a valid Erasmus Charter allowing its students to do a traineeship at any of the cooperation universities under Erasmus+ mobility, likewise participate in the NordPlus framework programme. Students actively participate in the students’ self-government, Operative Unit and the Red Cross Youth division.
The Red Cross Medical College aims to provide high quality state-funded medical education. The college implements four 1st level higher professional education study programmes, likewise vocational education and vocational secondary education study programmes. Currently there are 600 students acquiring first level higher professional medical education at the college.
The college is proud to bear the name of Red Cross and throughout the years of existence it has respected the fundamental humanitarian values embedded in the Red Cross emblem and inspired by the Sister of Mercy: justice, courage, intelligence, modesty and charity.
- 1st level prof. higher edu.
Study programme Qualification awarded Former education Duration of studies Treatment Physician assistant Secondary education 3 years Treatment Emergency medicine physician assistant Vocational secondary education;
1st level professional higher education
2 years Therapeutic Massage Massage therapist Secondary education 2 years Pharmaceuticals Pharmacist assistant Secondary education 2.5 years Nursing Nurse Secondary education 3 years
- Vocational edu.
Study programme Qualification awarded Former education Duration of studies Nursing Nurse's assistant Secondary education 1 year Nursing Nurse's assistant Primary education 1 year
- Vocational secondary edu.
Study programme Qualification awarded Former education Duration of studies Child Care Nanny Secondary education 1.5 years Dentistry Dentistry nurse Secondary education 2 years
- Acquisition of study disciplines under the guidance of qualified academic staff
- Practice in healthcare institutions to integrate the acquired theoretical knowledge with practical skills
- Further education possibilities at the RSU professional undergraduate study programme Nursing
- Free access to a comprehensive range of study literature and services for healthcare specialists at the RSU Information Centre
- Possibility to enrol in the college’s self-government and Operative Unit
- Growing international communications network within Erasmus and Nordplus
- Accommodation possibilities at the students hostel in Riga (Mežciems)