International Business and Start-up Entrepreneurship
Programme Fact File
Management, Administration and Real Estate Management
Bachelor’s degree of social sciences in management and administration
EU/EEA applicants and citizens of countries that have visa-free regime with Latvia - 13 August 2021
Non-EU/EEA applicants - 1 July 2021
The tuition fee covers accommodation during international visits.
Curriculum and format
The program's content is based on real economics and business. Over the course of six semesters students will progressively develop knowledge, skills and competencies in international business and start-up economics and management. Regarding how the programme's content is presented, equal attention is given to how knowledge is delivered and co-produced as well as to how courses are formatted. This includes activities outside classes and seminars in the real business and economic management environment and relating different courses to one another (for example how maths is used in business, or how to use communication skills to sell business ideas to investors).
- Knowledge Development in Contemporary Trends in Economics and Business
- Digital Economics
- Environmental Economics and Finance
- Communication Skills, Ethics and Cross-Cultural Relations in Business
- Resource Management:
- Innovations, Creativity
- Finance, Risk Capital, Securities
- Talent Management
- Market Research, Marketing
- Strategic and Change Management
- Leadership and Pitching to Investors
- Specialisation Modules:
- Start-up Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Health Economics
- Additional voluntary courses
Students will acquire the curriculum of the programme in a variety of study formats - activities outside classes and seminars in the real business and economic management environment, study visits abroad as well as to international companies in Latvia, business problem solving using simulations, practical semester projects and collaboration with the RSU Business Incubator to develop business ideas and learn how to pitch to investors, etc.
- Studies in English
- Broad international context
- international guest lecturers
- international students
- study visits abroad
- study visits to international companies in Latvia
- guest lecturers on business from international companies in Latvia
- Lecturing in teams, interactive studies
- Problem-based (PBL) studies and simulation-based higher education – real business problem solving
- Practical semester projects, including collaboration with the RSU Business Incubator
- Development of business ideas and pitching to investors
- Study placements at companies
- Bachelor thesis selection competition for entrepreneurs
Career opportunities after graduation
Graduates of the study programme can work as specialists in economics and international business and start-up management, as entrepreneurs, researchers, managers, experts, business consultants, project managers, business analysts or economists.
Graduates of this program will be confident in economic trends and able to make strategic, ambitious, bold and informed decisions .
It is essential for any potential entrepreneur that the university not only provides a theoretical education, but also gives an introduction to the dynamic business environment, demonstrates how to create a successful start-up and assists in establishing the first contacts in Latvia and abroad. The new programme is designed to be very close to the industry, which benefits both students and the business environment.
Co-Founder of start-ups Vortexoil and Koatum, Board Member and Strategist at Longenesis, RSU visiting lecturer
Business today has no borders on the map. I started developing my mobile app Drone Pilot in Riga, continued in Estonia, but am now working on it in London. RSU is the most international among Latvian universities – a quarter of students are from abroad, and these are ideal conditions to prepare for the international environment that awaits every start-up entrepreneur.
Co-Founder of start-up Drone Pilot, RSU graduate
Head of Programme
Head of the Department, Department of International Business and Economics
Academic Staff, Department of International Business and Economics