Tuition fees for studies in English
The tuition fee is outlined in the individual agreement between the student and Rīga Stradiņš University.
Tuition fee payment shall be made in accordance with the Tuition Fee Payment Policy.
Tuition fees for the academic year 2019/20 in Euros (EUR):
|Medicine||12 000||12 000||12 000||12 000||12 000||12 000 *|
|Dentistry||14 000||14 000||15 000||15 000||15 000||-|
|Pharmacy||8 000||8 000||9 000||9 000||9 000||-|
|Nursing||5 000||5 000||5 000||5 000||-||-|
|Physiotherapy||8 000||8 000||9 000||9 000||-||-|
|Occupational Therapy||8 000||8 000||9 000||9 000||-||-|
|Public Health, MSc||4 500||4 500|
|Health Management, MSc||3 000**|
|Rehabilitation||3 500||3 500|
|Social Work with Children & Youth, MSc||1 800||1 800 / 900|
|International Governance & Diplomacy, MSc||2 400||2 400|
|Health Communication, MSc||4 800||4 800|
* 10000 EUR for students who have completed the previous 5 academic years at RSU successfully, with good academic standing and without interruptions.
** For applicants with previous university education in health sciences
*** For applicants with previous university education in economics, business management or management science and also with the professional qualification and/or experience in business management
Terms of tuition fee payments
There are several different terms of tuition fee payments depending on student's citizenship and legal status in Latvia.
Students who make tuition fee payments on semester basis (before the beginning of each study semester):
- Citizens and permanent residents of the Republic of Latvia;
- Citizens of EU/EEA countries and the Swiss Confederation;
- Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who have obtained a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Latvia if:
- they undergo immigration procedures individually and on the grounds other than studies at RSU;
- they have a valid permanent residence permits in the Republic of Latvia;
- their residence permit is valid for more than one calendar year from the commencement of their studies;
- they have provided RSU's International Admissions Office with a copy of their residence permit during the admissions period.
Students who make tuition fee payments on yearly basis (before the beginning of each academic year):
- Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries.
Additional payments before you start your studies
Application fee: EUR 100.00 (single non-refundable payment) or EUR 15.00 for citizens of Latvia, who have obtained their secondary education in Latvia.
Registration administration fee: EUR 1500.00 (single non-refundable payment), payable in accordance with the provisions of International Study and Research Fund LLC, a daughter enterprise and partner of RSU. The registration administration fee is not required from students who are starting their studies in Master’s degree programmes.
Services covered by the tuition fee
- attendance at scheduled lectures, practical and laboratory classes;
- attendance at scheduled tutorials held weekly by the teaching staff of the university;
- testing of acquired knowledge and skills via weekly tests, colloquiums, examinations or final semester tests;
- services provided by RSU's administrative staff;
- use of lecture halls, rooms, laboratories in RSU's study bases;
- use of departments/wards and lecture halls in several hospitals in Riga;
- use of medical/dental/technical equipment during the entire study process;
- dental materials for students of the study programme "Dentistry".